Lilypie

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shopaholics

We spent the afternoon at the outlets shopping for maternity and baby clothes. I had lots of coupons, so we thought we could get good deals. The Motherhood Maternity store really made me mad because they didn't have any petite length pants in stock so I guess I will have to order those online. I did get some soft cup bras (finally) and a work shirt for $8 so I can't complain too much.

We also hit Osh Kosh and Carter's to use our 25% off coupons. At Osh Kosh we got a little outfit with a onesie and a matching pair of pants that have an elephant on the front and say "little peanut." We got some matching booties and hats too - very cute. It's very limiting to buy gender-neutral clothing in a lot of these stores. We had more luck in Carter's. We got a set of 2 nightgowns - the kinds that are like long dresses - in a green stripe with a bear that says "I love hugs." We also got an adorable mini white bath robe with a little green frog on it, a soft fuzzy blanket with a puppy on it, and Joe picked out a stuffed puppy that he liked. To top it all off we got a pack of wiggle-free socks (yeah right) that are plush and comfy-looking. All of that was less than $40. I can't wait until we know the gender so we can get some really cute stuff. My favorite thing that we saw all day was a pink onesie that said "does this diaper make my butt look big?" Joe wouldn't let me get it though.

Work is also well underway in the nursery. Today's tasks are to move some electrical outlets and remove the baseboard, and so far the progress is promising.

I was starving this morning and managed to eat a whole breakfast AND a whole lunch, and have only been mildly nauseated on a few fleeting occasions today. There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel, we had so much fun baby shopping today, and I am happy.

1 comment:

The Bliven Family said...

Yeah! Baby shopping is so much fun! Glad that you are feeling better!