Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Night That Never Ends
Last night was horrible. Horrible. I woke up at 3am because, when we lost power yesterday, the air filter in our room went off, and I didn't notice until then that the fan noise I require to sleep was missing. I got up to turn it back on, and for some reason when I got back in bed I had that stupid J.G. Wentworth commercial stuck in my head. Then I started thinking about the baby shower, which is turning out to be so much stress and anxiety for me that I don't even want to have the stupid thing anymore. By 4am I was so upset I started puking. By 5am I had terrible heartburn, no doubt caused by the puking. By 6am I was crying again because I realized that my baby is trying to kill me and that it's already a huge pain in the ass and it's not even born yet. I fell back to sleep for about 45 minutes then woke up again and was upset that I had to somehow try to function at work on no sleep and emotions that are all over the place. It sounds terrible, but I am wishing really hard for bed rest, because lying in bed for weeks at a time in my dark bedroom with no distractions or responsibilities sounds pretty divine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment