The baby must be having a growth spurt because I am more exhausted now than I've been so far. For some reason, I am never exhausted and nauseated at the same time, so it's been a nice break from the perpetual morning sickness, although there have been a few unpleasant moments on occasion. Mom got me some preggie pops for Christmas so I am hoping they help with the bad moments at work this week. Nothing is going to help with the exhaustion, though, unless I close my office door and take a nap under the desk!
The baby has reached official fetus status - s/he is no longer an embryo. The most critical portion of development is done and now it will just be rapid growth and fine tuning going forward. This week the baby will even get fingernails!
Next Monday 1/12 we have our next appointment, and during this one we will get to hear the heartbeat with a fetal Doppler - basically a fancy powerful stethoscope. If all goes well at this appointment, we're planning to make our news public very shortly after, and the ban on baby gifts will be officially lifted. Everyone followed the rules, except Mom gave us a quasi-baby gift and somehow a baby bottle found it's way into my Christmas stocking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for going public!!!!!!
Post a Comment