Lilypie

Monday, February 2, 2009

Nuchal Results

I finally got the results of the nuchal today. It took a long time to get them, and I thought the doctor would call me with the results when they came in, but I probably could have called a lot earlier. I didn't realize that they do a risk analysis with just the measurements and bloodwork first, and then add my age and give me a different number. I was driving when I got these numbers so I don't have them exact, but the ballpark is close enough.

For Down's syndrome, my risk for this pregnancy is 1 in 9,000-something. Adding my age, the risk is 1 in 500-something. For Trisomy-13 (I think), the risk is 1 in 20,000-something, and with my age the risk is 1 in 1000ish. The doctor said these are all excellent numbers and that there is nothing to worry about. Further testing isn't necessary, and this is a great relief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay- that's great news!

Christy said...

Wonderful news!