Lilypie

Monday, January 12, 2009

10 week appointment

The appointment this morning went really well. There was plenty of routine stuff - peeing in cups, blood work, family history - and then the exam. The doctor tried to hear the heartbeat with the doppler but couldn't find it right away, so she did a sonogram instead. We saw the baby swimming and squirming around - arms were waving and s/he kept moving so we couldn't get a very good picture. I don't think s/he liked being poked with the ultrasound paddle. We do have one side view full body shot that I will upload later when Joe hooks up the scanner, but it's not great. The doc said all that movement is a great sign and that the heartbeat is still going strong. I think a sonogram is way better than the doppler anyway, and Joe was completely wowed.

The doctor adjusted my due date to August 4th, which makes me 10 weeks, 6 days. Going in, I thought I was 11 weeks, 1 day so the change is not a big deal.

We decided not to make a big public announcement on Facebook or any other place. I was all prepared to do it but when the time came it just didn't feel right. We are just going to tell the people that are important to us, most of whom know already, and let the news travel on its own. It's not a secret, so feel free to share, but it feels better to me to do it this way. Oh, and the ban on baby gifts is officially lifted.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Congratulations, again! I'm so excited for you guys and hope the morning sickness ends quickly!

Cathy