Lilypie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Tests and More Drugs

Blood work is turning out to be the bane of my existence during this pregnancy. My veins are bad, the nurse always has to stick me in weird painful places, I end up looking like an addict for weeks from the bruises, and I always feel terrible and exhausted after having blood drawn. Last week I had the routine blood tests done, but the nurse just called and said there wasn't enough blood to do all of the tests so we'll have to take more at the next appointment. She said "most of your blood work came back normal" so either that means the other tests came back incomplete, or I am a carrier of some horrible disease and they don't want to give me that news over the phone.

My urine culture also came back positive for a UTI so, even though I don't have any symptoms, I have to take another course of drugs to clear it up.

Also, I would really like to stop getting nose bleeds. The doctor said that bloody noses are common and normal in pregnant women - something about the hormones affecting the membranes - and that I should sleep with a humidifier, which I've been doing, but I think our bedroom is too big for it to really have an impact. Maybe warmer weather will bring relief, and not soon enough!

No comments: