I don't want to jinx anything, but I think I am slowly getting over my morning sickness. My nausea has been less frequent and less severe over the past few days, and my appetite is starting to return. The coffee aisle at Wegman's even smelled pretty good to me today, a miracle since the coffee smell is what sent me running for the bushes a few weeks ago. I do have bouts of good days in between horrible ones, so I will reserve my celebration for a few more weeks just to be sure.
We're making good progress with picking out and registering for baby gear. So far Joe's contribution to the process is the $600 HD digital camcorder, which is somewhat justified since we'll be sending a lot of videos to his family. The current issue is the Great Stroller Debate. We can't decide between a travel system, a basic stroller frame that will hold the infant seat for a few months and then a better stroller when we need one, or just an infant seat and carrier. Joe wants a jogging stroller because he likes the big wheels, and I want either a travel system or a basic stroller frame for now. We really need to make the trek to Babies R Us to inspect them, but we can't seem to bring ourselves to go there quite yet. We'll be ready in a few more weeks I'm sure.
Christy and Karen - any advice you have on the stroller issue would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I know for sure is that we'll get an infant car seat and upgrade to a convertible seat once the baby outgrows the infant seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We had a stroller frame at first - the snap and go - to snap the infant carseat into. Everyone I know recommended it and it was definitely a great system for us for the first 6-9 months or so. The best part is that if you have the patience, you can wait to buy another stroller until you can put your actual baby in it and see what you want. You'll know so much more by the time you need the stroller, you will probably make a different decision than you would now.
(We ended up buying an Inglesina umbrella stroller at 5 months, then getting my aunt's hand-me-down jogger at a year. I feel like we need both - the umbrella for short trips and places like the mall, and the jogger for off road walking/jogging. And I like that our umbrella isn't super expensive so we can take it to the zoo and leave it in stroller parking outside the exhibits without worrying too much.)
Of course, we used our carriers (moby and beco) a LOT more than the stroller anyway.
Did Jack fit in his infant carseat for 6-9 months? I was expecting it to last no more than 4.
We switched him New Year's last year so... almost 8 months. He was 20 pounds and 28 inches at 9 months and I think technically could still have been in it then, but he was starting to look cramped.
Also, I think we used the snap and go as long as we had him in the infant seat, but we did get the umbrella at 5 months because we felt like he might want to see the world then. I just saw some study that said babies get stressed sitting facing out in strollers though. Who knows.
Matt said to add that we have plastic wheels on our umbrella stroller and next time he'd get rubber. I don't love our Inglesina. I wish it was easier to steer.
Okay...stroller...
What I did:
Infant car seat with the matching large stroller and an umbrella stroller.
The umbrella stroller definitely gets the most use for a longer period of time. If you are going to invest money, invest in a good umbrella stroller like a mclaren.
I would have loved to have a jogging stroller instead of the big bulky stroller that matched the infant seat that Brady only used for five months.
If I could do it again:
I would get the frame for the infant seat, buy a great umbrella stroller, and scope out a good deal on a jogging stroller (even check out yard sales) because I don't think that most people use them to the point of them being worn out.
Hope that helps some!
All great info - thanks! It looks like the consensus here and everywhere else I've read is to get the stroller frame and invest in a good stroller later when you know what you want and need. Makes sense!
Post a Comment