Lilypie

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

This morning hasn't been bad so far, surprising since I went to bed starving last night. Joe made dinner and it wasn't good so I didn't eat much of it. He made turkey sloppy joe's with Manwich and he put onion in it but forgot to take the papery stuff off the outside of the onion when he chopped it, so it was pretty gross. I was laughing because it sounds like something my Dad would make. I've even managed to keep down my new favorite breakfast of crunchy peanut butter on a banana, and I think I might even be hungry enough for lunch!

Tonight we are celebrating New Year's Eve with the Avenosos. They don't know yet that I'm pregnant - we're planning to tell them at their house before dinner. We're going to Vinifera, our favorite wine bistro, for their special New Year's Eve dinner. Most of the options are OK for me to eat (except for the Kobe carpaccio, sigh), and I hope it's OK to eat both of my weekly seafood servings at once because the scallops and lobster both look delicious. I think if I eat around the goat cheese in the salad I should be good to go, and the others at the table will have to drink my glass of champagne (double sigh). Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to see midnight.

We're hoping to make it to a movie this weekend since we have the next 4 days off, but I currently can't stand the smell of buttery popcorn (at least not the microwave kind people at work are always making in the kitchen right across from my office). Normally the popcorn is my favorite part of the movies!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Haha, that Manwich dinner definitely sounds like something Dad would make!