Lilypie

Monday, December 22, 2008

Follow-Up Ultrasound

This morning's ultrasound at the radiology center went VERY well. There were no signs of fluid, so whatever the OB saw must have been my bladder. My ovaries are measuring right where they should be with no signs of cysts. We could see the baby very clearly and the heartbeat was obvious on the screen. They tested the heartrate - 171 beats per minute - and said it's strong and healthy. The baby is also measuring 7w4d which is only a few days behind where I should be (8w1d). Maybe if I eat a lot of protein over the next few week s/he will catch up!

I am so relieved that everything is ok, and I'm even more relieved that the baby is measuring around where it should be. I did NOT want to add another week of nausea to my first trimester. It felt so much more real today to see what actually looked like a baby (ok, a white blob, but still) and a real heartbeat instead of just a flicker.

My office scanner is not doing very well with the ultrasound pictures, so I will add one when I get home tonight.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe we have to wait until tonight for pics. Nooooo! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks! We are very excited! :-)

You should totally blame the sub-par equipment in my office for the delay in pictures!