Lilypie

Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It is so great to be home after a wonderful Christmas with the Ferners. I had a rough week with nausea and exhaustion but I think it's mostly due to a change in routine and eating and sleeping habits. Hopefully things will get a little more manageable now that I'm back to my usual surroundings, and luckily I have a quiet week at work to ease back into things.

It's definitely time to buy some maternity bras. I have been sleeping in my bra to help ease the soreness, and the underwire is getting really uncomfortable, especially since the cups don't really fit anymore. I am kicking myself for getting rid of my soft-cup bras a few months ago - they weren't very supportive then but would be perfect for sleeping now. I think I am going to brave the outlets sometime this week to see if I can find anything that will work, and if I strike out there I'll order a few styles online and return the ones that don't fit. I also need a warm swaetshirt-but-not-a-sweatshirt, and I'm thinking of getting a maternity one so it will last through the spring. Old Navy is probably the best bet - the Dulles store has a maternity section.

Clipper and Teak are happy to be home, but they are exhausted as usual after a long stay with Mom and Dad. This morning they have been trading off with a new chew toy that my sister-in-law Lisa bought for them. It is very squeaky so it's going to have to go on a shelf when it's my nap time!

No comments: