Monday, December 22, 2008
Stupid Insurance
It's not possible for my insurance company to be less helpful or more confusing. We have some decisions to make about chromosomal testing in the next few weeks and I wanted to find out what's covered and what isn't, and in general what my prenatal coverage is like. The rep on the phone said that, as long as everything is performed in network, everything is paid in full. I asked her about some specific screening tests and she would only say "all other catgories of prenatal care are paid in full and there is no patient financial responsibility." I also asked about labor and delivery and what the hospital co-pays and deductibles are, and she repeated the same vague phrase. So I pretty much know nothing more than I did before I called. We are estimating about $3500 for medical bills to cover the delivery based on what other employees at Joe's company had to pay when their babies were born - better to have some savings than to assume everything is paid in full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a pain. Now, where are my peektures?
Post a Comment