Today was the first ultrasound and it went very well. The embryo is where it should be, and thankfully there is only one of them. We also saw a very tiny flicker of a heartbeat! The doctor said everything looks great, but she saw a large area of fluid that she wants me to get checked out at a radiology center. I still maintain that it was probably my bladder since it had been 20 minutes since I last peed, but better safe than sorry. Apparently Clomid can also cause cysts, and if that turns out to be the issue, then the doctor will just watch it throughout the pregnancy to see what happens. Either way it doesn't sound like a big deal.
We didn't get a picture to take home because the picture from the radiology center will be much better. My appointment is Monday morning so we'll have a sonogram picture in time for Christmas.
The other good news is that it's ok to eat seafood! I can't wait to eat some shrimp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY! So happy all is well so far!
Looking forward to seeing the first pic of baby ferner!
Yay for a happy ultrasound!
If you want to check any other seafood: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm
What about crab? I hope that's acceptable by this summer!
Yep, shellfish is allowed. I can have 2 servings of fish a week and there are only 4 kinds of fish that are completely off limits - shark, swordfish, one kind of mackerel, and one I've never heard of before.
Post a Comment