Lilypie

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ups and Downs

I don't get this morning sickness thing at all. Some days I am so sick I want to stay in bed and never move again and other days I am totally fine. This morning I woke up feeling only a hint of nausea, and so far haven't gagged or dry heaved once. I even managed to eat a banana and am contemplating making waffles.

Yesterday was a different story entirely. I threw up twice before I even made it out of the bedroom, and was nauseous off and on most of the day. (The morning could have been made worse by the fact that Joe decided to get an oil change in the car instead of coming straight home with the bagel breakfast sandwich I requested - not cool.) I did feel well enough to go out for vietnamese noodle soup for lunch - but almost had a catastrophe when the restaurant bathroom smelled strongly like raw chicken - and drive around to several stores to finish Christmas shopping. I notice that the hungrier I get, the more nauseous I am. Luckily there was a Chick-fil-a en route for some emergency waffle fries.

I am starting to notice an increased sensitivity to smells. Not all bad (except the bathroom raw chicken - ???), just stronger. Last night Joe added some olive oil and oregano to the chicken he made and I swear the house smelled like italian dressing for several hours. There are a few smell aversions emerging: coffee, pizza, buttery microwave popcorn, and dog food. Poor Clipper and Teak have to wait for Daddy to get home if their bowl gets empty, otherwise Mommy might puke.

No comments: