I've started having dreams about being unprepared for the baby's arrival. In the latest installment, we had the baby and on the same day got a kitten. We didn't have a crib so the baby had to sleep in a dresser drawer. We didn't have any food in the house for the baby or the kitten, and the kitten was mad and kept biting me. Joe kept going to the store and bringing back only milk for the kitten and I was mad because the baby can't have milk that early. Mom was there too but she kept bringing me oranges and lemons. I decided that the most important priority was a litter box for the kitten so I tried to go to the store but couldn't find a shopping cart that would hold the baby. It was all very weird, but isn't too hard to interpret. Joe thinks my dinner of Mexican food is to blame.
This morning we started researching day care centers in Ashburn, and the current thinking is that I will go back to work 3 days a week starting in November. My job doesn't exactly lend itself well to working part-time, but I will try to make it work for as long as possible. The main problem is that if i set my work hours to 24 per week and I end up working 30 hours, I won't get paid for those extra hours. So, either I have to be very firm in not working on my non-work days, or I have to be very flexible and stop when I get to 24 hours for the week. It's not ideal, but I think it can be manageable with a reduced role.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I still dream that I can't take care of Jack (though now the dreams aer usually about him climbing on top of something I can't reach and about to fall off).
Lots of *finding good baby care vibes* coming your way! I know you'll work something out that's good for all of you. Part-time sounds like a great option!
I bet you need vitamin C - the oranges and lemons in your dream. When you are pregnant your body always craves what it needs.
lol this dream is hilarious. i cant stop reading! hey- lets jobshare...we'll each work 24 hours and do the work on 1 full time person!!!
Leah, I love that idea! Do you think Jason would go for it?? =)
Post a Comment