Lilypie

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Like a Boat at Sea

My nausea is back today with a vengeance. If you have yet to experience morning sickness, imagine waking up with a terrible hangover on a small boat in the middle of a rough ocean. That's what it feels like. Even taking a shower sometimes requires lying down afterwards, and foods become totally unappealing. It's a catch-22 because usually food is what settles my stomach and makes the nausea go away, but forcing it down feels like a terrible option.

As much as it sucks to have morning sickness and feel awful, I am relieved. I prefer symptoms over nothing. Symptoms mean my hormone levels are still increasing - a good sign. Symptoms means the baby is still growing and my body is still changing. If I have to make this sacrifice for several more weeks, that's ok with me.

No comments: