Add another symptom to the list - insomnia. I'm not convinced yet that this is a real symptom, because it could be dog related. I am up several times during the night to pee, and when I get back to bed one of these three scenarios always happens:1. Teak is curled up in a little ball in the warm spot on my pillow where my head used to be. Moving her is quite a feat, especially if Clipper is anywhere in the vicinity of our pillows. Usually this results in either Teak sleeping up against my chest as close to me as possible, or Teak under the bed whining.
2. Clipper is upset that I've disturbed her, so she spends the next several minutes re-adjusting her sleeping spot, groaning, and deliberately kicking me, usually in the stomach or head. This is followed shortly by loud dog snoring.
3. If it's close enough to wake up time, Clipper gets excited that I am awake and positions her face next to mine so she can lick me and paw at my hands in the hope that I'll get up and free her from bedroom captivity. Her strategy never succeeds in anything but annoying me, so eventually she gives up, stretches her body the full length of mine and gets as close to me as she can, then sighs and groans loudly until I pay attention to her.
Usually I don't have trouble falling asleep after any of these, but lately I've been wide awake and uncomfortable at least once in the middle of the night. This morning I managed to fall back asleep after an hour or so of tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling, but then I had a bad dream and woke up sobbing. Poor Joe was scared to death - I am going to have to stop waking him up with extreme emotions or he might start sleeping in the guest room.

No comments:
Post a Comment