Lilypie

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today we picked up a nursery glider from our friend Karen, who is supergenerous and wouldn't take any money for it. It looks like the picture above, but has a different non-gliding ottoman that kind of reminds me of a cross between a foot stool and the ottomans that go with adirondack chairs. It's also covered in different fabric that I really like, but isn't quite what I would pick to go with the nursery decor. The current fabric is a light taupe color with a pearly leaf pattern - it will be beautiful as a non-nursery piece of furniture when we're out of the rocking phase. I am considering slipcovers, which seem like an affordable option and they're machine washable, but Joe won't let me buy them until after the baby showers so we can determine how many essential things we still need to buy before spending money on cosmetic slipcovers. I hate when he is right.

No comments: