Lilypie

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is not a great day. My left hip is seriously out of whack - it pops when I move and is painful to walk on - and it seems to be affecting my left leg and ankle as well. It's been like this for a few days and doesn't seem to be getting any better, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it fixed. I'm also having cramps today. At my last appointment the doctor said that it's normal to start feeling Braxton-Hicks contractions around now and that they're nothing to worry about. She said if I'm on my feet a lot then I will notice them more, so if they feel strong then I should try to stay off my feet as much as possible, which I'm doing today. She also said that as long as there's no bleeding then there's nothing to worry about, so I'm sure this is just routine pregnancy stuff. To top off today's loveliness, Ian is repeatedly kicking me in my left pelvic bone area and is hitting a nerve or something, so the kicking is pretty painful.

Speaking of kicking, I was finally able to feel him kick from the outside with my hand last night. It was a lot stronger than I expected, and of course he only did it once before changing position (luckily away from my left hip this time). Joe was downstairs and didn't get to feel it, but he is optimistic that he will get a chance soon.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Aw, I love feeling kicks from outside. It's such a cool stage.

I'm sorry for the hip pain. My back has just started being a major pita again. Pregnancy pain is the pits.

I hope the braxton hicks do their thing and go away. Did your dr. say anything about how many an hour is okay? Mine used to say to call if I had more than 6 an hour, especially if they were at regular intervals.

Unknown said...

I had some cramping issues in the first trimester and the dr said to call her if I had more than 4 in an hour, but it's never been that severe or frequent. Even now I have one noticeable one every hour or two, so nothing to worry about, but boy do they hurt.

I think the hip thing is sciatica, especially because my leg falls asleep completely and without warning. I think Ian has made my pelvis his pillow.

Emily said...

i'm going to give a chiropractor a call, sarah had a lot of success when she was having really bad lower back pain- mine is kind of random but it's really harsh when i get it. i think they can do stuff for hip pain.