Lilypie

Monday, April 13, 2009

Baby Movements

Ian is getting stronger by the day, and he's been kicking me more and more lately. Joe still can't feel him, but I'm convinced that's because he doesn't like Joe. He could be kicking like crazy and the minute Joe puts his hand on my belly he stops and moves away. Poor Joe.

The irony is that he seems to love Clipper. She has decided that we are going to share my pregnancy pillow, so after I get comfy she curls up on the other half of it and snuggles her head against my stomach. Ian usually kicks the spot where her head is for a few minutes, especially when she starts snoring, then gives up and goes back to sleep. Right around this point is when I kick her off the bed so I can fall asleep, but I always wake up to find her back in the same spot. I'm hoping she goes back to sleeping at the foot of the bed once Ian gets in a good kick to her head.

His favorite habit is to sleep with his head resting on the top of the right side of my pelvic bone, which is quite uncomfortable. Occasionally he lays on or kicks a nerve and the resulting involuntary muscle spasm and shooting electricity pains up my right side are very unpleasant. This morning he was thumping around so much it felt like he was falling down a flight of stairs, and I usually wake up to him kicking my full bladder in the middle of the night - I guess he is unhappy that it infringes upon his space. As unpleasant as some of it can be, the movements are oddly comforting.

UPDATE: Last night Joe and I were both able to feel Ian's head poking out of my stomach right beside my belly button on the right side. It was WEIRD. Of course Joe poked him too hard and he changed positions and then we couldn't feel him kicking anymore, but Joe thought it was really cool. It kind of hurt so I was less enthralled, but I'm glad Joe got to feel something finally.

No comments: