Lilypie

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Better Now

OK, I'm done freaking out now. The shower is going to be great and I didn't mean to imply otherwise in any way. Mom, Emily, and Mandy are doing a lot of work to make it a proper celebration, and it's impossible not to have fun at a party with plenty of cheese and cake. I also didn't mean to make any of you loyal readers, who are my favoritest people in the world, feel guilty for not attending. I know for a fact that all of you are overly excited for me and that you would be here in a heartbeat under any other circumstance. And really, in the grand scheme of things, all that matters is that Ian arrives safe and sound and I don't murder Joe in the meantime. So far so good on both counts.

I think I am going to make Joe go baby shopping with me this evening. That is a certain cure for any lingering bad mood, and I think I deserve it as today is my first day of non-stop horrendous heartburn. I was just thinking the other day that I was lucky to have escaped it as the one pregnancy symptom on the long list that hadn't plagued me. It probably doesn't help that I ate lasagna for lunch.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, I'm sorry that you were sad about your shower! I wish that I could be there. I am really excited to meet Ian!

Anonymous said...

Shopping always helps!

I would have been just as sad/thinking about it as well!

Glad you are feeling better :)

Christy said...

What is it about baby shopping? It's magic, pure magic.

Sarah said...

I've been all sorts of emotional, and I just wanted to send e-hugs and wishes that I could come to your shower too. I can't wait for the day we can get all the babes together!