Lilypie

Friday, April 3, 2009

I've decided that pregnancy is like one long extended hangover. It starts out with vomiting and severe exhaustion in the first trimester, followed by lasting headaches and less severe tiredness in the second. I'm guessing the third trimester will be all about body aches and pains, which seems pretty closely aligned with the progression of a bad hangover but with none of the fun from the night before. Add in the constant struggle against dehydration, overwhelming need for comfort food (especially cheeseburgers), difficulty sleeping, and sour stomach and it's almost a textbook case.

6 comments:

Christy said...

I bet Joe might disagree with the "no fun the night before" part ;P

But yeah, sounds like an accurate description to me.

Unknown said...

Trust me, when you are trying to get pregnant the whole process becomes way more procedural than fun. I think Joe would argue that he made an extreme sacrifice by being expected to perform after playing a full soccer game. Romantic we are not. =)

Niki said...

I was about to pull a "poor joe" on the night before comment, but I see I am too late. :-)

Cathy said...

Everyone you know seems to think alike, because I thought the same thing when I saw the "no fun" comment!!

Mandy & Jonathan said...

HA ditto on the "no fun the night before". I see that has been handled so I'll move on....

Sarah said...

Heh. I bet Joe wasn't complaining either way ;) Also, I've been making the hangover comparison all along too. Bah.