Joe's co-worker is apparently a baby swing enthusiast, because she gave us another one today. Her philosophy is that the swings are so invaluable you need one on each floor of your house. I'm not sure we'll need two, but maybe if Ian likes them then one can stay at grandma's. She also gave us a hiking backpack carrier, you know, for all the hiking we do. I doubt we'll get much use out of it, but Joe tried it on and wore it around the house for a while just in case.
In other news, today has been an overly emotional day and I don't like it one bit. I hardly recognize myself on days like this. I take everything personally, even when there is no good reason to, and the smallest things can set me off. Just a few minutes ago I opened a brand new jar of mayonnaise that I had just brought home from the store only to discover that it was outdated and gross. I had Joe sniff it to make sure, since my sniffer is also off lately, and he laughed at me for thinking that a jar of mayonnaise dated December 2007 would be any good. I almost took his head off for being so mean to me - I had JUST bought it at the store, I didn't expect it to be from 2007! - and was then near tears because I couldn't make horseradish sauce. Ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think Christy is going to want to "borrow" that hiking carrier! :)But YAY for more stuff!
I am sorry your "trigger point" has been so low. Sometimes you just need to get it out and I doubt you will be able to fight it these days (stupid hormones!!)- hang in there!
(trigger point-yes, referring to the point in which I am about to explode....ha.... Roy knows to stay clear of the trigger point..well, maybe not all the time, but after I explode he regrets going near it! LOL)
*Big hugs* for the hormonal stuff. I am sure Joe understands (and if he doesn't, I'd be happy to explain it to him tomorrow ;)
This is totally random, but talking hormones reminded me of the preventing ppd post I printed before Jack was born. I highlighted it and made Matt read it. Probably overkill. But if you want to see it: http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/preventing_ppd_.html
Even if you don't, moxie is a good blog for sleep and other newborn issues too.
We should totally go hiking together in the fall! What kind of carrier is it? I'm more of a beco girl, even for hiking, but Matt has a sherpani that looks kind of like that for hiking. He really likes it.
Post a Comment