Lilypie

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OB checkups are getting really boring, so much so that Joe doesn't even bother to come with me anymore. I had another routine one this morning and they checked my weight and blood pressure and made me pee in a cup as usual. The nurse said I've gained "maybe 1 pound" since their scale is that evil sliding kind that's barely accurate. According to my digital home scale, I am right at my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm going with that. My blood pressure is a little lower than usual but right on track, and the urine test was fine too. Because of my anterior placenta they don't even bother with the doppler anymore and go straight to the ultrasound. Baby Ian was wiggling away as usual, and his head is right above my pelvic bone on my right side which is where he always is.

In about 3 weeks I have to go back to the lab for the routine 1-hour glucose screening, where I apparently have to drink a really gross sugar beverage then have my blood taken exactly an hour later. Good luck with that blood techs! I also have to get enough blood taken to run a few of the routine screenings that they haven't been able to run with the tiny amounts of blood samples they've been able to get out of me up to this point. Should be interesting. I am contemplating scheduling it in the afternoon when I am usually more hydrated than the morning, but because I can't eat anything after midnight the night before, Joe is going to have to drive me there and back so I don't pass out en route.

Baby shower invites are in the mail. I got mine yesterday and it's super cute (thanks Aunt Emily and Grandma)! Things are slowly disappearing from the baby registries too which is really exciting! I have a feeling this will be like my wedding when I checked the registries every day to see what was purchased. I'm not big on surprises apparently.

My birthday is also coming up in a week or so, and last night Joe's parents called to ask what I wanted. He told them that I am "fully in baby mode" and that they should get me gifts for the baby. While this is pretty much true and I do love baby gifts, this is completely the wrong answer. There are several options I have been talking about for weeks, including one that I had specifically told him I wanted about an hour earlier. Poor Joe, he can do nothing right these days.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My shower is next weekend and I totally stalk my registry like I did with my wedding one, lol ;)

The glucose test drink IS gross, though not as gross as I expected from what everyone told me. Good luck with the blood tests, though
:(