Lilypie

Friday, April 24, 2009

Busy Weekend

Somehow this weekend got packed with plans very quickly. We just got back from the Kings of Leon concert, which was a "birthday present" from Joe (although not really since I bought the tickets myself months ago). The show was great as usual, but I had a hard time standing so much - my back got sore and my hips started hurting towards the end. Ian slept through the whole show and didn't stir until we were back in the car. Either he is going to be a car enthusiast like his dad, or Joe's driving is more terrifying to him than a loud rock concert. My money is on the latter.

I'm up late because Joe is downstairs putting the last coat of paint on the second (and final) bookshelf for the nursery. I have very little sympathy for him since this is what he gets for procrastinating. The Guilfoyles and the Vluskeys are coming over tomorrow for an impromptu BBQ, and we plan to take advantage of the extra muscle to move the bookshelf. I have some food to prepare in the morning and will have to make a last-minute run to the grocery store after yesterday's mayonnaise incident.

Tomorrow night we have plans to meet the Mydlands in Reston for dinner and a movie, and I may not be able to stay awake for both. There are very few movies out I actually want to see right now, and a leisurely dinner sounds more my speed. Then on Sunday Kara and I are getting together in Tyson's for lunch and a pedicure since it's been over a year since I've seen her - terrible I know. I predict a Sunday afternoon nap in my future.

No comments: