
We painted the nursery this weekend, and I am still on the fence about the color. We ended up going with Behr's Peridot, which I thought was funny since it's the August birthstone.
The color is definitely not what I would call pastel. It's not a lime green either, it's somewhere in between.
The bottom third of the wall will be white wainscot, and there will be a fairly large white crown moulding around the ceiling. There will also be floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves covering the entire wall on both sides of the window. Joe thinks that all the white will mellow out the color a little bit, and that it should be bright for a baby anyway. I had envisioned more of a sage green, and Joe promised that if I'm still unsure after all the construction is done then we can repaint, but that will be a huge pain since we'll have to trim around all of the new mouldings.
In this last one, Clipper is very busy watching the neighborhood kids play in the snow.

5 comments:
That's a really fun green! I think it'll look great once it's all done with the extra white and whatever other decor you end up going with.
Me too- and of course, I am a big fan of peridot being an August baby myself :)
Once you get the white up and the decorations, i think you may appreciate the extra pop!
it looks pretty in the photos. i think christy is right, when you get the other decorations in there, i bet it'll mellow it out.
I don't have anything to add except I agree with all above comments. Carry on!
if you decide to go with a sage green, the one in our living room is really calming and nice :) its a ralph lauren color, i think called khaki
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3087/2560345250_db099b2cf5.jpg?v=0
but i like it!
Post a Comment