It's unmistakable - baby Ferner is a BOY!!!
The ultrasound this morning went extremely well, and all is where it should be. The technology is completely amazing. We were able to watch the blood flowing through the baby's body, and we could see his full tummy and full bladder, so we know his digestive and renal systems are working. There were still a few areas that they couldn't get in as much detail as they wanted, so we'll have to go back and do it all again in about 3 weeks which is just fine with me.
As for the name, we've chosen Ian David. Ian because we like it and it's not too common while not being weird, and David after my Dad. I'll post some new pictures of baby Ian later tonight when I'm home with my scanner.
Overall, I feel more excited and more grounded than I have in a long time, and I think I'm just overwhelmed and shocked and so happy that I'm going to have a son. I've cried at least 10 times today, including on the ultrasound table as soon as the tech told us the sex, because I'm so relieved and so excited and so happy.
And now, for the rest of the day, instead of working I am going to look at baby boy nursery themes, and I don't feel the least bit guilty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yay! I love the name :D Congrats again!
YAY! Great choice!
I love the name Ian. This is all so wonderful. XOXO Lots of hugs and kisses for little Ian!!! We can't wait to meet him (in 5 months or less!!!)
Can't wait to meet Ian!!!! So exciting!
YIPPEEEEE!!!! Great name!!!!
i love the name! congrats again guys, :) i'm glad you didn't have to wait too long after your disappointment to find out.
I want to see some nursery pics/ideas!!!
Post a Comment