Lilypie

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grumpypants

I am a lot grumpier than ususal today, and have been having mood swings a lot lately. They're not too bad, but when I'm in a down mood I stay that way for a while and I'm very unpleasant to be around. At least this happens mostly at work and hasn't been affecting home life (so far).

Good news to report is that I am 3 days Zofran-free and trying to get through another few days so I can be officially off of it for good. I had really bad days on Sunday and Monday for some unknown reason, but am doing better now. I think the bad days are mostly caused by surges of hormones that my body just doesn't handle well. Being off the Zofran has made my headaches less severe and frequent, so that's a nice bonus, even if I am back to being a little gaggy in the mornings.

Other good news to report is that my maternity leave plan has been approved by my boss and just needs to clear HR tomorrow, which shouldn't be a problem. If all continues to go according to plan, I will start working from home on July 20th - 2 weeks before my due date - and will be on leave through the end of the year once the baby arrives. It will be a challenge financially but Joe seems to be on board with the idea, and promised me last night that we'll find a way to get through it since it's what I really want for myself and for Ian. It will be great to have some extra time with him, and some extra time to get into the groove of being a Mom before I have to figure out how to throw work back into the mix.

We're touring daycare centers on Friday morning, which should be interesting. Luckily we have plenty of convenient options and most don't have waiting lists right now for enrollment starting in January, so we shouldn't have to settle. After he got over the initial shock of the price of daycare, Joe said to me last night "It will be so sad having to drop Ian off somewhere." He is definitely coming around to this idea, and I think his bonding time with Jack (my favorite toddler) this past weekend helped a lot.

2 comments:

Mandy & Jonathan said...

"It will be so sad having to drop Ian off somewhere." That honest to god made me "Awww!" out loud in my office.

Christy said...

I think that's a great amount of time to be off. You'll be so glad you did. And it's even better that you get first pick of which daycare center you like best!

(I put that pic of Jack and Joe on flickr and Jack gets SO excited when he sees it.)