Lilypie

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ian is officially enrolled in day care starting January 4, 2010. It's amazing to me that we got the last spot open for January and it's 9 months away, but I'm glad we got in when we did. They also gave me a jillion registration forms that will have to go with him on his first day, like his immunization record, eating schedule, diaper cream authorization (???), and the list of approved picker-uppers in case Grandma wants to pick him up one afternoon.

I can feel him move around all the time now, and he's gotten in a few really strong kicks in recent days. He is, like his parents, not a morning person so it's funny to me that he's never wiggly or kicking until mid-afternoon. He does like to stay up late, though, and sometimes that doesn't work out too well for my going-t0-bed-early plans.

Today is my first official work-at-home Monday. My boss and I agreed on a new schedule where I am at home every Monday until the end of April, at which point we will revisit and possibly add Fridays to the schedule as well. It's weird to be home on a day that I feel well and have no other obligations, because usually I'd be at work under those circumstances. It's really nice to be able to sleep in, stay in my PJs until lunch, and get out to run an errand or two without feeling guilty that I should be working. It takes a lot of (self-induced) anxiety and pressure off of me and makes a huge difference in my general state of mind and hopefully my overall health, so I think it was definitely the right decision.

Speaking of going out to run errands, I have been chasing my food cravings all over Ashburn today. After visiting the daycare, I wanted soy sauce so I went to Pei Wei for lettuce wraps. Then I really wanted cookie dough so I went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard, which is incidentally on the other side of Ashburn from the Pei Wei.

1 comment:

Christy said...

mmm, dairy queen. I sent Matt out for that last week :) I definitely don't think it's out of the question to drive across town for it!

That's really great you got the daycare squared away.