Christy, just for you, here are the two possible nursery themes we've narrowed it down to (and when I say we, I really just mean me).
Option 1: Eli's Elephants from Pottery Barn Kids
I LOVE this set, but it's expensive, can only be purchased in stores (there aren't even pictures of it on the PBK Web site or in the catalog), and is backordered until the end of June and maybe even longer so we'd have to order it now and not wait for the shower. I think it will go great with the green on our walls, and PBK has so many cute coordinating accessories. But, they don't have any matching wall art, and it's hard to find something that works well with elephants in these pale colors.
Option 2: Bananafish Confetti Collection
This one is a little more bold and modern, and I love the look. I especially love the circle wall decals. It's also a lot cheaper than the PBK option and it, along with lots of coordinating accessories, is available on Amazon. The drawbacks of this option are that the quilt is a faux suede which sounds like a dog hair magnet to me, the green may not go well with the paint color, and it's only available online so I can't look at it unless I order it and return it later if I don't like it.
The plan is to go to PBK this weekend at some point to see what Joe thinks of the elephant collection (I've seen it in person), and to decide if it's possible to have the elephant bedding AND the wall dots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Nursery stuff is so fun!!! I'm super partial to the elephants because I like the cutesy stuff, but I bet you could put something really cool together with the more modern circles too. I can't wait to see!
Elephants! I like them both, I'm just partial to the animals.
What color is the crib? I'll be practical and tell you that if you like them both the same, go for the one that is cheaper. You will find that you might not even use all the stuff, and you don't want to mind having it be ruined if the baby pukes or poops all over it. We didn't use most of the bedding that we bought for Brady. I based everything on the quilt that I liked the best, only to realize that he NEVER used the quilt becuase you can't put blankets in the crib. Also, some people (like my sister) end up taking the bumper out if the baby moves a lot during the night to make sure the he don't suffocate. The sheets and the bed skirt (as silly as it seems) are the most important pieces (+bumper is a bounus if you can keep it on). Just some thoughts to think of. They are both cute, so you can't go wrong with either of them! Have fun!
"he DOESN'T SUFFOCATE" - not "he don't suffocate"...seriously?!?!! English teacher....
Post a Comment