Today marks 20 weeks - the halfway point! I celebrated the occasion with a giant Italian sub, the first and only cold deli meat of my pregnancy. It was delicious and a very welcome treat, and now I'm full and ready for a nap.
Overall I am doing pretty well. I am still on Zofran, although down to 1 pill a day in the mornings, and definitely notice that the nausea and vomiting come back quickly if I skip a dose. Now that spring allergy season has arrived, my headaches are getting a lot worse but I hate to keep taking medicine for them. I'm trying to stay hydrated and humidified and that seems to help, but some days the headaches are just too unbearable to function without Tylenol. I'm also still really tired, but nothing like I was in the early days. Now I just find that there are some days when I need a lot of sleep and the only thing I can do is give in and nap.
My appetite is mostly back to normal, although I still can't eat a lot in one sitting. I think my stomach got smaller or is being pressed on by something. I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but by all indications I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight at this halfway mark, give or take a pound in either direction. Not bad, but still not worth all the morning sickness. I'm sure I'll start putting on weight faster as Ian starts growing faster in the coming weeks, and I'm positive I will put on weight if I keep eating coconut macaroons all the time.
As for food cravings, I occasionally get a really weird one - like this week it's been cooked cabbage - but for the most part I don't have too many. I still can't get enough coconut or fruit, and I could eat mashed potatoes as if my life depended on it.
The nursery construction is coming along slowly but surely. With some help from my Dad, Joe got the first bookshelf upstairs this weekend but still needs to do some finishing work and installation on it before he can call it done. I'll post a picture of it, as well as my 20 week belly, later this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cabbage???? Weird!
The baby is already trying to celebrate St. Pattys with some cooked cabbage :)
Post a Comment