Today we had our second follow-up Level 2 ultrasound. This time, Ian cooperated by laying on his back so the doctors were able to see all of the detail in and around his heart. He was also looking straight at us so we got a lot of views of his face. He kept opening and closing his mouth, which was pretty hilarious. Everything looks normal and is developing right on track with expectations, so that's great news.
I was disappointed that we weren't able to get a 3D shot of his face - everything looks very skeletal in a regular ultrasound - but the tech said that he has to be in perfect profile in order for the 3D image to work and he was on his back facing up the whole time. At this point we probably won't be investing in the special 3D ultrasound just because Ian seems to be an uncooperative and active baby and doesn't seem to enjoy being poked by the ultrasound probe.
We also found out that the placenta is in front of the baby, so that probably explains why we haven't been able to feel any movement from the outside yet. It might be a few more weeks before that happens, and I know Joe is anxious to feel the kicking for himself.
I have a few good ultrasound pictures that I'll scan and post later tonight, as well as a 22-week belly picture that Joe took last night. I think it was the shirt I was wearing because Joe swears I have looked pregnant for a few weeks now, but just yesterday I felt like I had a round baby belly instead of just an extra-flabby belly. It is definitely starting to get harder and rounder and itchier and I'm growing noticeably each week (although I am still a pound shy of my pre-pregnancy weight, yay!). I will have to preview and approve this belly photo first because I made him promise not to get my face since I wasn't wearing makeup and was tired by the end of the day, but I think he did it anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a great ultrasound! I can't wait to see the pictures. I am sure Ian is absolutely adorable. (I just love that name. I'm so used to it already.)
If you want, you can send me the picture to crop. We have HP image software, so it only takes a second. I have definitely cropped off my own head before (and half of my arse when I'm wearing saggy-butt maternity pants - it's amazing how much smaller my bum looks when I cut off 60% of it.)
HAHA - I didn't even think of cropping! I have some photo software too so should be able to handle it.
I also need details about your ultrasound today missy!!!
Post a Comment