Lilypie

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We had a lovely holiday weekend, despite what seem to be typical third-trimester woes. I really don't have the stamina I used to have. Saturday we went downtown for brunch and museum-hopping, something we won't be able to do easily once the baby comes, and my left hip, leg, and ankle were so sore from being on my feet all day that I had to rub tingly cooling lotion on them so I could fall asleep. No swelling though, so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Sunday I had a killer headache that not even Tylenol, lots of water, and a short nap would cure, so I resorted to caffeine and that finally did the trick. We spent the afternoon at a BBQ/pool party with friends and the weather was lovely. I still turn into a pumpkin by 8pm though, no matter how many naps I take.

Monday we went to Gaithersburg for a family BBQ and, even though all I did was sit around and eat, I was completely exhausted. I was in bed by 9:30, and even though I got a lot of sleep last night, I felt like I couldn't move this morning. I am abnormally tired and my belly ligaments are sore again, so Ian must be having another growth spurt. I also can't get enough milk for some reason; you would think all the Tums I eat would be plenty of calcium.

Oh, and we started a new blog. This one is more family-focused instead of being just about me and my pregnancy woes. Hopefully tonight I will put up photos of our day downtown, so there should be some interesting content soon. Once Ian is born, that will be the place for baby pictures and updates, so it's definitely worth bookmarking, or adding to your RSS reader if you're so inclined. This blog will still exist, at least until we complete the transition to our new one after baby arrives.

No comments: