Lilypie

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today's Checkup

I had a follow-up appointment today to re-test my blood pressure and review the results of last week's labs. My blood pressure is back to normal, and all of the labs came back "as close to perfect as we can get" according to the doctor. As far as blood pressure goes, there is no need to test or treat any further, and she's not worried that there are any underlying issues. I still have to do the 3-hour glucose torture test next week, but she said that because I was only 1 point high and I haven't gained any weight (I'm up 5 lbs, which is mostly baby and amniotic fluid), she is fairly confident that it won't be an issue. We'll have the results the same day as the test, and if anything shows up as abnormal we'll deal with it then.

So, it's all good news today. Last week's appointment must have just been a fluke, or as Mom says, it's Nurse Ratchet's fault. Because they were so thorough with precautionary labs last week and the results of those are right on track, I don't have to go back for another checkup for 4 weeks and I think that will be for the 32-week ultrasound.

No comments: