Depending on which calendar you consult, this week could be either the last week of my 2nd trimester, or the first week of my 3rd. I'm considering it a transition week because of how tired I suddenly feel again. It really is true that the 2nd trimester is full of energy and isn't as unpleasant as the 1st or uncomfortable as the 3rd. My ligaments are stretching again (for the second time this week) and my body feels heavy, like I could sink into my pillows and sleep for hours. If only I could feel this way between 1am and 6am then I'd be good to go.
This weekend I started noticing that I can't see my feet anymore when I look down. Now all I see is chest and belly. When I told Joe about this he seemed miffed and said that he always sees his belly when he looks down (hee hee). I'm also starting to walk funny - not quite a full waddle, but getting there. It's a lot worse when I've been sitting for a long time, so I think I need to get up and move around more.
I am home today doing the 24-hour urine collection, and I already screwed it up due to the above-mentioned extreme tiredness. The first morning pee doesn't count for this test, and I was up at 7 to go but then went back to bed and fell fast asleep until 10. I could have slept longer but Clipper decided it was time for me to get up and play so she started licking my nose until I woke up. I was so tired I promptly forgot to collect the urine, so the test will have to start at 10am and that will just have to be good enough. Last night Joe took my blood pressure with the electronic cuff we have at home and it was back to being low (110/70) so I'm positive there's nothing to worry about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Matt asked me last night "how long is it until the 3rd trimester? Two more months?" Thank goodness it's not up to them, eh?
Good blood pressure vibes!!
Post a Comment