My baby shower yesterday was so much fun! It was great to see everyone, even some surprise guests that I didn't think could make it, and it was great having Niki for the night to catch up. Ian got a ton of great gifts - he is already one spoiled baby. My favorite gift of the day is the cross-stitch animals that Mom made for my nursery way back in 1978 but never framed. I had never seen it before, and was very surprised since I had no idea Mom had that talent (and I cried when I opened it, of course). It will go perfectly in the nursery, and I think it's so great that Ian has a home-made gift from his grandma to carry on the tradition. Too bad Gammy doesn't know how to knit, because my blankie was a baby shower gift for Mom from her grandma.
Joe is leaving tonight for a conference in LA so I'll be on my own with the dogs. I'm headed to Maryland for a Mother's Day dinner, which Dad "cooked" by calling Emily and making her do it. I think I'm going to stay there for the night so I don't have to sleep alone in the house, since I can do my work from there tomorrow just as easily as I can do it from my home office. It should be a quick week with my doctor's appointment Tuesday and the Lost finale on Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay, I'm so glad the shower was fun. I can't wait to see the nursery again soon with all your loot! Happy Mother's Day!!!
Post a Comment