Now that Joe is back from his conference, work can resume on the nursery. While he was away, I made some good progress in laundering everything and putting up the wall decals. I created random groupings in the corners and in strategic places around the room, like so:
Hopefully tonight and tomorrow the baseboards will get installed, which is the last of the sawdust-producing tasks, just in time for the maids to do a thorough cleaning on Wednesday. There is still a lot of work to be done after that point, but at least then I can start moving things into the room without having to worry about the dirt.
Yesterday we used our BabiesRUs gift cards from the shower to buy a crib mattress. We spent more than we'd planned, but once we started inspecting the mattresses we realized that the more expensive ones were more firm. Since everything I've read about SIDS says firm is safer, we decided to go with a more expensive option. As Joe says, hopefully the extra $100 will be like an insurance policy.
The last few days Ian has been in a rolling phase instead of a kicking phase. I can still feel him moving around and shifting from side to side, but I hardly feel any kicks. If he doesn't start kicking like crazy again in a day or two I'll call the doctor just to make sure everything is ok.
Tomorrow morning I have my 3-hour glucose screening and I'm not looking forward to it. I took the whole day off work so I can come home and sleep afterwards, and I'm mostly just not looking forward to feeling awful all day. I've been avoiding sugar for the last few days to hopefully help keep the numbers low, but I guess we'll just wait and see. Since we'll be at the hospital for a good 4 hours, we're hoping to finish our pre-admission paperwork and schedule our tour while we're there. Might as well multi-task!

1 comment:
Love the wall decals!
I bought cole slaw this week, just because of you. Thanks a lot!
My doctors actually had me on a high-carb diet two days before the glucose test. They said it prevents false positives. I forget why. Something about the pancreas overreacting if it's not used to insulin or something totally different than that involving the pancreas and insulin, I have no idea.
Post a Comment