This morning's appointment went great. The baby is doing great and, since the doc still couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, she did a quick ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. The heartbeat is still going strong and the baby was moving around as usual. It even had hiccups, which I think is funny because I can't feel them at all.
Mom, on the other hand, is doing terrible. I can't kick this flu bug and haven't been able to keep food down for several days. I've lost 10 lbs so far this pregnancy, have no appetite, and am generally feeling lethargic and light-headed. I also have a nasty cough and stuffy head so am having trouble breathing and sleeping. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about the weight loss, but she is putting me back on Zofran to stop the vomiting so I can have some nutrients and hopefully start getting more energy. She is also making me take Bactrim to clear up the UTI, since even no symptoms are still risky during pregnancy and I don't want to end up with a kidney infection. As long as it's not that evil Ceftin again I guess I can stomach a few days of antibiotics. We decided I would go off the Metformin after all since it probably is not helping my digestive system, and I'm happy to have a break. Finally, she gave me an albuterol inhaler to help alleviate the coughing and hopefully let me conserve what little energy I do have.
They couldn't get any blood out of me for the spina bifida test, so I'll have to go back to the lab and have it done in a week or two when I'm hopefully feeling better. Our next appointment is for the big ultrasound on March 10th, where they'll check for any abnormalities, take lots of measurements, and determine the gender.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay perfect little hiccuping baby! You just gave me a flashback to when Jack would hiccup toward the end and I could feel it. And when he would hiccup as a newborn and it always made him cry. Remind me to buy gripe water before August.
I'm glad you got to see baby today! Holy meds, batman. I hope they help!!
OMG! Good thing you are only pregnant for 9 months...hopefully you will start to feel better soon and start to be able to enjoy being pregnant!
...it's awesome that you have actually lost weight being pregnant...every pound helps...especially if the Dr.s aren't worried about it :)
Woo hoo can't wait until March 10! Exactly one month until I become the winner of the gender poll :)
Post a Comment