**DISCLAIMER: If you are squeamish about blood or needles you might not want to read the next paragraph.**
I had to go for my spina bifida screening today since the window on doing that is quickly closing. It was just a blood test and only required one vial of blood, which you would think would be quick and easy, but no. I have the worst veins in the world. Ever since I discovered that it doesn't hurt if they use a butterfly needle, I have been much better about getting my blood drawn, but it seems like they can't find a vein no matter what. I went to LabCorp where they draw blood all day long and still they couldn't get any blood out of me. Two different technicians stuck me five times, the last time between the knuckles of my right hand, and all we got was 1/3 of a vial. Hopefully that is enough to run the test because I really don't want to go through that again. Let's just hope that I don't have to get the glucose tolerance test done because it takes an hour just to find a vein and even then it hardly ever bleeds.
**OK, you're safe now.**
I think I've settled on Behr's Green Myth for the nursery paint. We decided to go with a neutral color on the walls and then accessorize with gender-specific colors in the artwork and bedding. Hopefully Joe will paint this weekend since it should be really easy. He only has to do 2/3 of the wall since the bottom 1/3 will be covered with bead board, and he doesn't have to trim around the ceiling or baseboard because we're adding new mouldings. This is all assuming he doesn't get completely consumed with his robot building for botball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ack. Knuckles. Ack. I couldn't read that. I hope Sam doesn't try to! I've had nurses complain about finding my veins, but they're always able to. That just sounds ick.
That green sounds pretty!
You're so right, I should put a disclaimer before that paragraph so Sam and Mandy don't pass out.
It was quite unpleasant, I must say. I can't even make a fist with my right hand, which is not helping the fact that I have to type a report today. Ick.
I hope the paint swatch at the store holds up to the way it looks on my screen, because I really like it.
Hey! I had to read it. Sam and Mandy should suffer too ;P
Ha you brats! I read it...and didnt even get queasy!
I am sorry you have to go through that....I hope somehow, someway it gets easier for you.
(Lucky for me- the big baby that I am- I have great veins according to Doctors/RNs- not like I would know b/c typically I am already passed out when they are drawing blood! ha!)
i like that color green, we're being lazy and keeping the room the color it is (benjamin moore harvest gold, or something like that), but i want to paint the bookcase in there green to match the bedding.
Whoa thanks for the warning -- I started reading and realized right away I should tag out.
Post a Comment