I don't really have anything exciting to update, except for the usual. My appetite is back and cravings are in full swing. I'm still not eating a lot at a time and I haven't gained any weight back, but I eat regular meals and snacks and my energy level is getting better.
The frame for one of the nursery bookshelves is done, and I think the cabinet doors are on the list for this weekend. I am taking advantage of the fact that Joe spends all weekend in the basement by treating myself to a prenatal massage and hair cut on Saturday afternoon. He also decided to volunteer for an advanced math and science program with local high school students (I think they build robots for competition or something) and has a very long program orientation on Sunday, so I'm going maternity shopping and brunching with Mandy before the Oscar festivities start.
I feel the baby move all the time now, and the movements are getting less subtle. I think in another week or two I'll be able to feel distinct kicks. Like Sarah said, the movement is still really low, which seems odd since my stomach is seemingly getting bigger and higher by the day. The 16-week update said to prepare for a growth spurt, so I imagine things are about to change rapidly over the next few weeks.
In other news, I have reached the point where I totally don't care about my job anymore. The projects are boring and stagnant, the company is doing poorly, and even though I've been assured that my job isn't in jeopardy, it's hard to motivate myself to go to work every day and to actually do anything once I get there. There is no relief in sight for the boredom, so I guess I'll muddle through until it's time for maternity leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aw, that's so cool that you're feeling more and more movement. I just started feeling this little bugger a few days ago.
Enjoy the prenatal massage, that sounds great! If it's with Sugar House by any chance, call to double check multiple times. I'm sure it was a fluke, but they lost my reservation last time. Jerks.
So cool that Joe's doing that program. Go Joe! As long as he doesn't think that means he can slack on his nursery building ;)
is joe doing the botball thing? dillon and i helped with that once.
and ps. i second you on the work thing. i just want to go home and play with baby all day everyday...........being bored is not fun.
Post a Comment