I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I am scared to write that I'm feeling better. Every time I post that here, I get sick again. I am very grateful to whoever invented Zofran, and I'm celebrating 3 straight days of no puking. No issues with the antibiotics either, although they do feel better in my tummy when paired with mashed potatoes. Without the metformin and the constant nausea, my body is starting to get back to normal and I am starting to eat normal foods again finally.
I'm definitely showing, but you won't see any belly pics here or anywhere else until it stops looking like just a larger version of my regular belly, if that ever happens. Maternity clothes are becoming a necessity - my regular tops are too short and I had to unbutton the waistband of my pants at work yesterday because they were killing me. Maternity pants are turning out to be a huge issue because no one carries any that are work-appropriate (meaning like suit pants), and it's almost impossible to find them in petite lengths. I have a fundamental issue with getting pants tailored if i'm only going to wear them for a few months, but I guess I'll do what I have to do.
Progress on the nursery is almost non-existent. Joe has spent a lot of time and energy researching, purchasing, returning, and re-purchasing several power tools he claims to need for the job, but has yet to buy any lumber. He has a 3-day weekend and no excuses this time, so I'm hoping for some good progress to report next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So, Mimi maternity, or apeainthepod (http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/collection-pants.asp) has work maternity pants. But they're expensive :( Just thought I'd share!
Oooh thanks! I totally forgot about Mimi maternity.
I had to unbutton my pants at work yesterday too. And I have no excuse except beer and carbs. So you are in good company!!!! ;-)
you probably could get away with the "seperates" look- like mixing black stretchy preggo pants with suit jackets. Or maybe even try a maternity dress with a suit jacket?
Glad to hear you are feeling better and good luck!
I hated buying mat pants too, but hey, maybe you'll wear them again in a couple years!
Yay for being not sick, off metformin, and able to eat!!
I completely sympathize on the petite issues....I'll pull out my sewing machine if you want to come by and I'll hem some....no lining though! I had to do that with a lot of my stuff. And, just get a pair of black and a pair of tan for work and rotate. Completely not worth buying any!
Post a Comment