Lilypie

Monday, February 16, 2009

Construction in the nursery is in full-swing. One of the bookshelves was coming together last night before dinner and there were lots of power tool noises coming from the basement when I left for work this morning. Hopefully most of the building will be done by the time we find out the sex so I can quickly pick a color and get the walls painted before assembly and installation begin.

It doesn't help that I was really tired this weekend and spent hours at a time watching home improvement shows on HGTV and now want to paint the dining room. Of all the rooms in the house we've painted since moving in, I chose two of the hardest ones. Joe thinks we can swing hardwood floors in the living room and dining room before the baby comes, so I'd love to get the dining room finished so I won't have to think about it later. Aside from the floors, all it needs is some paint and window treatments and it's good to go.

I didn't do any maternity clothes shopping this weekend so I'll have to sneak out of work early one afternoon to shop. I am considering an official work schedule of Mondays and Fridays at home since I never have client meetings on those days and it helps me a lot to stay home and rest when I can. That way, I won't need very many work-friendly maternity clothes and hopefully I will feel much better and have more energy. It's a win-win.

No comments: