Today's appointment didn't exactly go well. My blood pressure was "elevated" when I first arrived, so at the end of the appointment they made me lie on my side for a few minutes and then took it again and it had come down but not a lot. Of course, this is after the doctor told me that if it didn't come down they were going to send me to the hospital right away, so I'm sure that didn't help matters. Aside from the swelling in my feet, I don't have any other symptoms of pre-eclampsia so that's good I guess.
It's looking more and more likely that this baby will come early, and not by his own choice. Because my cervix is still hard and tight, as it should be at this point in pregnancy, if the doctor decides my blood pressure is high enough not to continue to risk it, then I will have to deliver via C-section assuming nothing with my cervix changes before then. My next appointment is Monday afternoon, so I guess worst case scenario is that they send me to the hospital right after that for a C-section delivery.
I'm really hoping to hang on until 37 weeks, which is July 14th. Ideally I'd go to 38 weeks (July 21st), but right now I'm focused on the full-term goal of July 14th. If by some miracle I make it to August, I have an induction scheduled for August 4th, my official due date, just in case, but it's doubtful I'll be keeping that appointment.
I guess this weekend we should really pack the hospital bag and install the car seat, and probably watch the childbirthing video so if I do get to deliver through actual labor I'll at least know what's going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's crunch time! Nervous wracking and exciting. I'll be praying for you guys! Remember, the most important thing is that you and Ian make it through healthy...let the doctors do what they think is best. I'm so excited for you!
Will cross everything that Ian hangs in there till July 14th, and that you're doing well.
Please put me on the list that the phone tree calls to let us know he has arrived. I am excited to meet the new member of the Ferner family.
Post a Comment