Things are going much better today. My contractions have mostly disappeared; all that's left is an occasional hardening/tightening feeling every few hours or so. The doctor assured me this is not only normal but a good sign that my body is preparing itself for labor, and I'm cleared to be back on my feet starting tomorrow. I will have to really watch my activity and try not to overexert myself again or I could be right back in this situation.
Joe built me a contraction tracking program. All I have to do is click a button on my laptop when a contraction starts and ends and it keeps track of the length and frequency, complete with fancy graphs and averages. I'm glad he is able to find a way to participate in the pregnancy, but I really wish he would channel his energy into the nursery instead.
Four more weeks to go before Ian is considered full term so my main goal now, aside from getting the house ready for his arrival, is to make sure that I rest enough to keep him safely cooking for those four weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Joe should really market that contraction counting program. It would be a sure-fire hit! We learned how to count contractions, the timing and spacing in between but I forgot well before we ever went into labor. Thank God for Lee paying attention to it. I think that program would help many couples. Seriously, tell him to think about it.
Post a Comment