Lilypie

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Some Updates

I've been feeling a little off lately, kind of like the feeling you get right before you start coming down with a cold or stomach bug. I'm more run down that usual, but not in a tired way, more of a stamina and energy kind of way. I also have the slightest hint of a headache all the time, and my body feels achy in the joints and sore in the muscles the same way I do when I have a fever, but I don't have a fever. There's also a lingering bit of nausea on occasion, and sometimes I feel clammy, but nothing like in the early weeks. This very well could just be normal pregnancy stuff, but it feels different.

I had to stop taking my prenatal vitamins and iron supplement for a few days because I had persistent digestive issues, and my OB said that sometimes too much iron can be the cause. My stomach is slowly starting to feel better, but I feel a little bit weaker and dizzier without the extra iron. Once my stomach is back to normal, I'll reintroduce the prenatals slowly and probably take the iron supplement only once or twice a week from now on.

Ian had hiccups again this morning - I always think it's so funny when that happens. He doesn't seem to like having hiccups at all because he does this thing where he pushes both of his hands and feet against my stomach and slides them back and forth like he's trying to stretch out his tummy. It feels GROSS. He's also been positioning himself vertically lately, and when I sit down I feel him poking out at odd angles. It's pretty uncomfortable for me, but apparently he doesn't mind much because he never moves.

Sarah had her baby this morning and I'm so excited for her and John!!! A boy - Kieran William. Poor Sarah had a long and difficult labor that ended in a c-section 25 hours later. All of the excitement surrounding her labor and Kieran's birth made me so excited for when my turn comes. It doesn't seem as scary anymore, and it's nice to get the reminder that everything I've been through over the last few months is going to be worth it when the baby is finally here.

No comments: