Lilypie

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

34 Weeks

I am now seeing the doctor every week instead of every other week. Last week's scare with the contractions made the doc want to keep tabs on me a little more often. This morning's appointment went well, but I left feeling very overwhelmed. Apparently there is a waiting list at Reston Hospital for inductions, so the doctor recommended we go ahead and schedule an appointment for an induction for sometime between August 1st and 10th just to have that option. She assured me that I don't have to keep the appointment, and that I can cancel it at any time if I don't feel comfortable going forward with an induction, but that it's better to have the option available in case I get to the point where it's 100 degrees and oppressively humid and I'm miserable and just want the baby out already. Joe is mad that I agreed to go ahead and schedule an appointment, but he won't say why, and a few weeks ago he was all for scheduling.

Of course, in the very next breath, my doctor said that my blood pressure has been creeping up slowly and, while still in the normal range, could very well continue to creep up in the next few weeks and get to the point where she would want to go ahead and get the baby out. So, it's totally possible I could get induced at 37 weeks (only 3 weeks from now - YIKES) and not have much choice in the matter. Ian's heartbeat is still right where it should be and he's still the right amount of active, but he's measuring about a week bigger than where I am now.

Either way, I went in to this appointment feeling great that all the preparations were coming together and that I still had 6 weeks to go, and left feeling like this birth is imminent and I can't even wrap my head around it.

1 comment:

Christy said...

3 weeks - EEK! For those of us eager to meet Mr. Ian without any of the associated life changes, that sounds pretty cool! ;)

You can do this! Whenever he comes. This is what you've been waiting for and you're going to rock it.

But yeah, hearing 3 weeks would throw me for a loop too.