I had my 32-week checkup this morning with my OB and all is well. I am measuring right on track and the baby's heartbeat and movements were all fine. Nurse Ratchet took my blood pressure and it was a little high, so she made me lie on my left side until the doctor came in to take it again and it was fine. I think she just makes me nervous. I did mention to the doctor that I didn't think Ian was kicking as much, and that his movements are more body-slamming, flopping, and rolling now instead of kicking. I was concerned that maybe his legs were caught in the umbilical cord or something, but she dismissed it as nothing to worry about and didn't even take a peek with the sonogram to be sure. Sometimes I wonder about these doctors - one tiny thing sets them on a lab-work spree but something else that seems like an actual cause for concern gets quickly dismissed. We've switched to a 2-week appointment schedule now just to monitor as I get closer to my due date, but the doctor said everything looks great and there is nothing on the radar to be concerned about.
Tonight we are going to an open house for a pediatrician's office in Ashburn, and they seem really promising. We got several recommendations from doctors and friends, and this one was the best phone experience of the three candidates we chose to explore further. Hopefully we can get that taken care of tonight and have one more thing to cross off the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment