It was a long day for everyone, but I think I did pretty well considering how tired I was. My legs and feet didn't swell too much, and I was able to wear heels for the ceremony. I took my shoes off immediately after the ceremony and am barefoot in most of the formal pictures, but oh well. It isn't nearly as fun to be sober at a wedding, and I didn't even do any dancing since I was busy propping my legs up on Joe's chair and making frequent trips to the bathroom. Despite all this, I still had a great time.
Sunday we went up to Berkeley Springs for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversay dinner. It was a long ride and we were all very tired, but the dinner was nice and I'm glad we could be there.
Joe says I need to hang a sign around my neck at social events that says "I am due August 4th. It's a boy. His name is Ian. I know it will be hot and I'm not looking forward to the last month. He's the first grandchild and yes, my parents are excited." This should cover most of the bases so I don't have to keep answering those questions over and over all night. I doubt this strategy will prevent the oversharing of labor stories, though.

2 comments:
Emily looks beautiful...she is so grown up!!!!!
It looks like a perfectly beautiful day.
Post a Comment