Lilypie

Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh my aching <>

It's getting increasingly harder every day to function as a normal human being. I've been unsuccessfully fighting off a migraine headache for the last day and a half, and nothing I try works. I'm hoping a day of sitting in the dark chugging water will make it go away once and for all.

Persistent headaches are on the list of warning signs in late pregnancy, but I've had enough warning signs for one week. If I can't get rid of it by next week I'll be sure to mention it at Tuesday's appointment but I'm not going to take it any more seriously than that. For now.

It's also getting a lot harder to work full-time, especially when my team is falling apart at the seams and everyone needs everything done five minutes ago. Rare is the day that I feel well all around, and my uncomfortable desk chair pretty much guarantees that my back, neck, and hips will be sore by the end of the day. It's also really difficult to motivate myself to put on pants and make the drive when the rest of the offices are often empty. It's not like anything I'm doing right now (or ever for that matter) is so critical it can't be done from the comfort of my couch.

At least my company has been very supportive and flexible throughout this pregnancy, a trend that I hope will continue when I go back to work in January. We agreed on a reduced full-time schedule of 30 hours a week, which is a nice compromise since I'll retain full-time status and full-time benefits but get to work less hours. My boss assured me that he would work with me on where and when I work those hours too, so I should be able to craft a schedule that works well for everyone. Given the way things are going lately, though, I'm not going to hold my breath that this scenario will still be available to me in January. A lot could change between now and then.

No comments: