Lilypie

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Photos of Ian and other assorted family goodies are posted over at the Ferner Family Blog, so head over there to check them out. I will be keeping that site up to date with family outings, photos, etc. and there is an RSS feed available if you prefer to get your blogs in a reader. This blog will be reserved for my thoughts on the joys and trials of motherhood.

Speaking of, things are going better today. Yesterday I managed to trim Ian's fingernails all by myself and only cut him twice (hey, 80% success isn't bad for the first try). I also gave him a bath all by myself and he even seemed to like it - he loves getting his hair washed. He is dressed in an adorable plaid jumper and all ready for his check-up later today. Yesterday I spoke with a much better lactation consultant and she told me it's not ok to skip a pumping session at night in favor of sleep if I want to build up my milk supply, so last night was long but manageable. Ian and I have a one-on-one appointment with her on Monday so hopefully she can give us some pointers. I'm also taking fenugreek supplements which seem to be helping, even if they make me smell like maple syrup. Meanwhile, he still hates breastfeeding and much prefers bottles, so we'll see what happens. I am going to be very disappointed if breastfeeding doesn't work out for us, mostly because it's the one thing only I can give him, but we'll do what we have to do to make sure he is well fed and healthy.

1 comment:

Emily said...

at least maple syrup smells good??

good luck with this new consultant, i hope she has some good tips!