Lilypie

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The hospital tour is now complete and, while luckily we didn't hear any women screaming in agony on the labor & delivery floor, we also didn't get to see any cute snuggly babies in the nursery on the maternity floor. We also found out that the hospital has wifi, but I told Joe if he thinks he can sit with his laptop and code and play video games and generally ignore me (as is the custom at home) the whole time I'm in labor then we will be getting divorced. At least he'll be able to send out the big arrival announcement email and a picture or two much faster this way. The other nice bonus is that the hospital offers a free massage for Moms in the time between delivery and going home, so if I'm not too sore then I'll definitely be taking them up on that.

Bed rest is going well so far, and it's nice to know I don't have to be a prisoner at home if I start going stir crazy. I finished a book today, and did a solid 6 hours of billable work - maybe even more after dinner if I feel like crossing a few more things off the list. Tomorrow morning I have to drop off my giant jug of pee at the hospital, and I'm contemplating a quick trip to Barnes & Noble and Harris Teeter afterwards while I'm in the neighborhood. Christy gave me a book for my birthday, with the warning that I'd better enjoy my reading habit before the baby arrives, and was wonderful enough to include a gift receipt, so I'm hoping that I can exchange it for another one now that I've finished reading it. If it works, I may ask for gift receipts with all my book purchases from now on!

I also think I need to go by my office for a very quick visit one evening this week or over the weekend. There are a few papers I need to complete the work I want to finish before my leave actually begins, and I don't exactly know where they are well enough to ask my co-workers to find them and scan them for me. Maybe I will drag Joe with me so I can relax on the drive and won't get sucked in to work while I'm there. It will also be nice to clean up a little bit so the place isn't a wreck when I get back in January, assuming my office is still in the same place or that I even have a job or team to go back to by then.

No comments: